1. Parents will treat players, coaches, opponents, and officials with respect and dignity.
2. Attendance at all practices, team meetings, and games is expected. While injured players may be unable to play, they are still expected to arrive on time, listen to coaches, and encourage teammates and assist the team.
3. Players can be excused from games and/or practices with sufficient notice. When this occurs, players are responsible for informing the team manager or coach verbally through a phone call or meeting at the earliest possible time. Do not leave it to the last minute to contact the coaching staff.
4. Players are to be on time for all practices & games. Players must be in the venue at least 30 mins prior to tipoff at all games.
5. All comments by parents and their guests from the sidelines will be encouraging and/or complimentary. Parents and guests will refrain from making comments about players’ mistakes or errors.
6. Parents will refrain from making derogatory comments to referees at all times
7. Coaching basketball is to be done only by the coaching staff. Parents agree to refrain from coaching or directing their child or other players during all games and practices. Parents must stay on the sidelines. The court is for players & coaches, not parents.
8. Parents will discuss player and/or team concerns and problems directly with their coach. These discussions will not take place right before or for half an hour after a game. A meeting will be scheduled via the team manager. During the meeting comparisons to other players will not be discussed. If grievances can not be resolved at team level, please contact the Imperials Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Parents will support the coaching staff and encourage their child to do the same.
10. Parents will remind their child to read and adhere to their responsibilities on regular basis. Ignorance is no excuse.
11. Parents accept that it is their responsibility to meet the travel, time, and financial commitment of their child whilst in the Westgate Imperials MU VJBL programme. As a parent/family you will also be asked to contribute to the scoring roster, fundraising activities, along with ensuring that your child gets to training and games on time. This is a big commitment and one you make for the full year. Please ensure you play your part.
For those children successful in gaining a place in an Imperials VJBL team, they and their parents/guardians will be required to acceptance these responsibilities, which include all Basketball Victoria codes of conduct and conditions of entry.