Representative basketball is run through the VJBL in Victoria. Domestic Associations select players from their competitions to play on Friday nights under a unified banner, in the case of Westgate, The Westgate Imperials.
There are multiple grades and divisions and a long but effective grading process before an 18 round season is played. But ultimately rep basketball is a year round program.
Training is twice a week. Generally a Sunday and one weeknight.
Age groups: u12s to u18s. (There are other competitions for older age groups)
Teams are from all over Victoria, so travel is a lot more extensive than domestic.
Rep basketball is a fantastic experience for players keen to challenge themselves and with a love for the game.
The Imperials are a newer club in the VJBL ranks, with this being our 6th season in 2018-19. In season 2017-18, we had 13 teams (boys and girls) playing in various divisions across the VJBL, and have expanded every year we’ve been in existence.
Total Season Fee: $695 upon team selection
- Initial Deposit: $95 deposit (non refundable) and $45 Geelong Tournament fee by 31st of October, 2018. All players must make this payment to confirm their place in the program.
- Instalments: 3 payments of $200 (1st due 30 November 2018, 2nd due 31 January 2019, 3rd due 28 February 2019).
Late payments will mean players are not allowed to continue training or playing until payment is made
Other costs include:
- Uniform, full Imperials kit for new players is priced at $295 (playing uniform, warm up top, hoodie, bag, training singlet)
- Weekly game fee $10 (collected by each team manager)
- Travel costs and weekly stadium entry ($3 each)
- Tournament costs